Application & Sales Engineer Southern & East Africa (Cape Town, ZA)1 Stellenangebot
ab sofort Vollzeit Sonstige Berufe
ENERGY THAT CHANGES: Innovative and sustainable key technologies are prerequisites for renewable energy supply. More than 3,000 employees from 20 countries work to ensure that SMA is actively helping to promote the production and development of PV system technology worldwide.
Would you like to play a part in shaping the energy supply of the future? Welcome to SMA.
be energy. Your energy can thrive with us. Respond to changes in an active, bold and targeted way.
be flexible. Conditions can change, so our work schedule models offer you a solution.
be family. A sense of community and camaraderie is important to us. We offer work-life-balance.
For more information, click here
We are looking for an individual who possesses strong technical knowledge in the field of electrical engineering, with sales experience, and preferably be at the beginning to middle part of their career. The successful candidate will work together with the existing Application Engineer at SMA South Africa by taking guidance from them as their functional lead. The sales team at SMA South Africa is a young team and the ideal candidate should be able to fit in with this dynamic well.
The Application & Sales Engineer serves as a technical product specialist for the nominated product segments. He/she will be responsible for all sales led business activities for his/her assigned markets. The successful candidate will drive sales supported by the sales and service teams and will act as a technical expert towards internal and external clients. He/she will also develop custom techno-commercial trainings/workshops for defined target groups.
Your Contribution to the Big Picture
- Drive all sales-led techno-commercial activities within the nominated accounts and support sales team in achieving annual budgeted targets.
- Manage relationships with customers who shall be EPCs, developers, fund managers, IPPs, and other stakeholders such as engineering consultants, utilities, government agencies, and lenders. Develop and provide them with relevant value propositions.
- Develop techno-commercial bid packages and quotations to public/private tenders, RFPs and RFQs.
- Ensure evaluation of best offers, including tendering to customer requirements with joint key account client meetings supported by product managers and the sales team.
- Maximize account sales for all relevant segments, including but not limited to inverters, stations, accessories, controllers, digital products, engineering services, and service contracts.
- Assist SMA’s customers by analyzing system specifications and requirements, reviewing and/or proposing system designs, and providing overall technical guidance.
- Review governmental and utility interconnection requirements and assist in achieving compliance to relevant regulatory schemes in target markets.
- Contribute to the development of internal sales and marketing materials.
- Apply market knowledge and account management skills necessary for dealing with high-level target audiences.
- Develop and deliver custom techno-commercial trainings tailored for the SEA markets.
- Perform regular detailed analysis of the competitive market in coordination with product management and provide timely reporting to support strategic decisions.
- Evaluate competitive landscapes, performance gaps, and emerging requirements.
- Attend industry conferences and trade shows if necessary
Your skills are needed
- Engineering degree or educational training in an electro-technical field.
- Additional degree in business or a similar business course is a plus.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in the solar industry, preferably in a technical environment.
- Good knowledge of the solar PV and energy storage market in Southern and East Africa.
- Ideally has a very good understanding of power electronics, industrial communication, and measurement equipment.
- Experience in using standard solar-PV simulation software: PVSyst, PVSol or similar.
- Ability to leverage data to drive decisions to enhance overall sales performance.
- Must be proficient using MS Office and developing pitch decks.
- Experience in successfully working with geographically dispersed sales teams.
- Excellent communication skills, with high ability to interact with customers in a positive and professional manner.
- Strong operational execution experience and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent English communication skills, written and verbal.
Your contact is Robyn Jacobs | HR Business Partner∗ SMA is committed to diversity and equal opportunity - unattached of gender, age, origin, religion, disability or sexual orientation.
Bitte im Betreff der Bewerbung folgende Referenznummer angeben: 809982201
Herr Sascha Biedermann
HR Business Partner
Dieses Stellenangebot wurde